Online Seminar "Emissions and Odor in the Vehicle Interior" 2021
On November 10 and 17, 2021, imat-uve invites all experts from the automotive and plastics industries to the Online Seminar "Emissions and Odor in the Vehicle Interior".
What contents will the seminar provide?
- Carrying out emissions and odor tests
- Dealing with OEM specifications
- Sense of smell and perception
- Measures to reduce off-odors
- To program details
Aim of the seminar:
Get a detailed overview of emissions and odor in vehicles and insights into background methods and innovations
→ Read more
Technicians, laboratory staff, managers, engineers from the fields of development, quality assurance and testing
Date: November 10 and 17, 2021
Time: 9:00-12:00 CET
Registration fee: each session €249 plus VAT* per person
- Limited early bird discount of 20% available, only until October 3, 2021! -
The event will be held in German.
November 10, 2021
Session 1 - Focus: Emissions
Basic physicochemical principles of emissions testing
- Although the overall objective of most emission tests is identical, different emission test methods sometimes provide completely different measured values. Even the dimensions and units of the measurement results often have little in common. A conversion or even prediction of results from one test to another seems impossible. This presentation makes the causes of this comprehensible. Furthermore, it provides explanations of what the analytical strengths and weaknesses of a test category are.
Delivery specifications on the emission behavior of materials in automotive interiors using the example of DBL 5430
- The requirements of automotive manufacturers for the emission behavior of materials, semi-finished products, individual parts and components are often defined in delivery specifications. These are intended to provide information on which supplier's products must be validated for which parameters using specific methods. In practice, however, the correct classification of a sample, the selection of the right test methods and the assignment of the valid requirement prove to be treacherous. Using DBL 5430 for Mercedes-Benz as an example, these hurdles are overcome and typical pitfalls are exposed.
Emission test methods in practice - an overview
- With the given variety of different emission test methods, it is not easy to keep an overview. Without specific knowledge, even a look at the technical standards and test specifications does not always lead to a concrete idea of what happens to the sample in the laboratory. Divided into logical groups, this lecture will guide you through the jungle of emission test methods and explain the practical procedures in the laboratory.
November 17, 2021
Session 2 - Focus: Odor
Physiology and psychophysics of olfaction
- In several ways, our sense of smell is special. No other perception corresponds so directly with our brainstem and links impressions to emotions so effectively. The variety of odors we can identify is overwhelming. This talk will provide fascinating insights into how our olfactory sense works. Furthermore, it provides understandable explanations not only for its peculiarities but also for why efforts to optimize the odor of materials are often unsuccessful.
Odor panel management
- Conducting your own odor testing following automotive industry requirements is possible and practical in many companies. As a rule, all that is needed are a few small tools and the nearest colleagues before things can get started. The fact that the results obtained in this way are only slightly comparable to those of OEMs and testing institutes is due to the lack of management of the odor panel. In this presentation, you will learn what you can do to ensure that your panel produces resilient results.
Concepts for the perception of odor mixtures
- The most important basic principles of odor perception are best illustrated by stimulating our sense of smell with just one odorant. However, this situation virtually never occurs in reality. Odors are almost always the result of a complex composition of individual stimuli. This lecture will provide insights into scientific concepts for explaining real odor impressions and their success in predicting odor intensities and descriptions.
Information without guarantee, subject to change for organizational reasons.
Who this seminar is aimed at and what the benefits are:
This training is aimed at anyone who would like to familiarize themselves with the topic of material emissions in vehicle interiors and the corresponding requirements or who would like to deepen their knowledge in this regard. It is primarily aimed at new employees of responsible departments at automotive manufacturers and suppliers, as well as employees who like to think outside the box. As a participant, you will benefit from our proven expertise in the field of emissions analysis and odor testing, as well as our many years of experience in imparting relevant specialist knowledge.
Through the knowledge imparted in Session 1, you will gain a sound understanding of the basic processes involved in performing emission testing methods, be familiar with their differences and be able to assess the effects of influencing variables for yourself. You will learn basic considerations of delivery regulations and become more confident in dealing with them.
Session 2 teaches you the basic functioning of the sense of smell and important regularities in the perception of odors. This knowledge will protect you from common errors and misconceptions related to the impact of measures to reduce off-odors in your products.
The event will be held in German. Subject to change.
If you are interested in a seminar in English, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
The Online Seminar "Weathering for the validation of car components" will be held simultaneously on 30 September (afternoon) and 1 October 2020 (morning).
If you would like to book both events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a 50 percent discount for the second event!
(Discount applies only to the regular price, cannot be combined with other discounts.)
Please notice our terms and conditions events below: